Sunday, July 25, 2010

"The Elizaville Ghost Light"

When I was 18 or 19 years old. I was driving home from a movie with a couple of friends. We were driving through a small town called Elizaville, Kentucky. It was very late, or should I say early in the morning and all I wanted to do was to get home and rest. As I drove through the town, I didn't slow down to the posted 35 mph speed limit. I was actually going about 70 or so, which is above the 55 mph highway limit. As I crossed through the center of town under a flashing caution light, I noticed second flashing light in my rear view mirror. I said, "that's it, I'm busted". I began to slow down going up the hill on the East side of town, as I did the light kept getting closer and closer to the rear of the car. When I saw the light wasn't going to stop, I maneuvered the car as close to the curb as I could. Then, the light went over the top of the car and shot straight up, like a missile until it was out of sight. My friends and I were now quite awake and were unsure as to what had happen to us. We talked about the light the rest of the trip and occasionally there after. No one wanted to believe us. I don't know what the light was, some say it may have been ball lighting. It had several colors in it, yellow, red, blue and green. I don't know where it went, but I do slow down going through that town nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment